The health care field has vast potential due to a combination of highly qualified labour, low cost, and good facilities. Besides that, Latvia is home to many promising healthcare start-ups such as Anatomy Next, Cast Print, and CheeksUp that have gained international recognition.
Many foreigners see the potential of our health care system. Latvian Health Tourism Cluster specializes in an emerging sector, medical tourism, building on Latvia’s reputation as a spa destination, excellent location, and a place with high standard health services at a low cost. These services include aesthetic treatments, IVF and fertilization treatments, various surgeries, dental work, and many other medical services.
Medical rehabilitation, phlebology, stomatology, oncology, diagnostics, plastic surgery, ophthalmology, infertility treatment, and childbirth, aesthetic dermatology
- We are proud of our closeness to nature and ability to enjoy natural healing resources, be it northern healing herbs, mud, seawater, fragrant pine forests, and many other things. We combine our Nordic heritage, traditional wisdom, and natural resources with world-class medical education available in Latvia.
- Our medical achievements speak for themselves, as satisfied patients recommend our medical facilities to friends and family, whether they live near or far. No wonder because we offer high success rates for treatments.
- Medical tourism is on the rise in Latvia. Each year many people from Scandinavia, Russia, and Western Europe come to Latvia to regain their health and beauty. They visit our country because they can consult and get treatment with highly qualified medical specialists at competitive costs, for example, for Western Europeans and Scandinavians these costs are 50-70% lower. In 2021, medical tourism in Latvia reached 53 204 visitors.
- Infertility is a sensitive issue required to be taken care of in the most gentle, responsible, and efficient way. Latvia is among the leading European countries in treating infertility. In patients up to 30 years of age, fertilisation is successful in over 70% of cases, which is one of the best results in Europe, allowing more and more families to fulfil their parenting dreams.
- We constantly upgrade our medical tools and devices, offering state-of-the-art medical equipment, for example, we are among the six leading countries in phlebology.
- One of the main success factors is our excellent educational opportunities in medicine - Latvia is 1st among the Baltic States in the number of health graduates per capita, and their number keeps increasing each year!
Employment and education
- If you walk through the halls of Riga Stradiņš University during a busy afternoon in the middle of the school year, don't be surprised that you will hear many languages. Riga Stradiņš University (RSU) Faculty of Medicine is becoming increasingly popular among students from abroad due to its competitive education and tuition fees in Europe. More than 2000 international students study there, with the top countries being Germany, Sweden, Norway, Finland, India.
- University of Latvia (UL) has developed the Academic Science Center, which provides an opportunity for both students and academic staff to conduct world-class studies in state-of-art facilities.
- UL Faculty of Medicine is the fastest growing and the most requested faculty of the University of Latvia, with leading Latvian and European healthcare professionals giving lectures.
- Capital Clinic Riga is the top-level healthcare clinic in Riga that offers a wide range of medical services, including the most modern physical examinations and treatments provided by high-class physicians and specialists in their fields.
- EGV Clinic is working in the fields of reproductive health and fertilization, offering an outstanding specialist team who can resolve the most challenging cases, provide advice, and share experiences to prevent reproductive health disorders.
- Dr. Mauriņš Vein Clinic is one of the most modern laser surgery and vein treatment clinics in Europe. Using contemporary, safe, and approved methods, thousands of patients receive the best treatment for their varicose veins, tropical ulcers, and other vein problems.
- Genera is specialized in molecular genetics testing for almost 20 years and is a certified diagnostic laboratory using only up-to-date equipment that allows performing a wide range of genetic analyses.
- IVF Riga is the leading specialist in infertility treatment with the mission to provide treatment of complicated infertility pathologies to give a chance for pregnancy even after previous unsuccessful treatment courses.
- Medical Center “ARS” is one of the largest and highly esteemed medical clinics in Latvia, bringing together leading medical specialists and using up-to-date technologies, innovations, and recent scientific discoveries in all its branches.
- RSU Nuclear Medicine Clinic is a newly built nuclear medicine clinic with up-to-date medicine technologies, equipped laboratories, cyclotron, and the only new generation PET/CT scanner in Latvia.
- Anatomy Next provides anatomy learning tools for students and teachers, built to guide the learning process through interaction and manipulation of the anatomical models through multiple platforms.
- Cast print is a custom-made, 3D printed cast for various types of fracture injuries. Cast print products are lightweight, ventilated, and with a waterproof solution that allows a person to have a comfortable recovery period.